THIS WEBSITE ACCOUNT AGREEMENT AND PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT must be completed by the parent or legal guardian (referred to as "Parent/Guardian" or as "You" or “Your”) of a child under the age of 18 (the "Child") for whom the Parent/Guardian would like to create a website account (“Account”) to enable the Parent and the Child to receive and make use of assessment and application services offered by The Enrollment Management Association, including but not limited to the Secondary School Admission Test (“SSAT”) registration and scheduling system, the SSAT, SSAT practice tests, SSAT score reporting, the Character Skills Snapshot (“The Snapshot”) registration system, The Snapshot assessment, and The Snapshot results reporting, and the Standard Application Online (the “SAO”) (the “Services”). In order to create an Account and register the Child to access and use the Services offered through the Account, the Child’s Parent/Guardian must complete this Consent Form on The Enrollment Management Association’s website. You may register and provide consent for more than one Child at a time to use the Services through Your Account, so long as You are the Parent or Guardian of each Child registered. If You are registering more than one Child, this Consent Form and all Terms and Conditions set forth below apply to each and every Child that You register.
By clicking "I Agree" below, You, as the Parent/Guardian of the Child, are verifying that You are the parent or legal guardian of the Child that You are registering for one or more Services, and You hereby agree and consent to all of the following terms, both individually and on behalf of the Child:
- You acknowledge that where this Agreement references an acknowledgement or agreement by the Child, You, as the Parent/Guardian, are making such agreement on behalf of the Child and that You have the legal authority to provide consent for the Child.
- You have access to The Enrollment Management Association Website on which this Consent Form is posted.
- You have been provided the contact information for representatives of The Enrollment Management Association and the opportunity to communicate with them concerning any matters You or the Child desire to address with The Enrollment Management Association.
- In addition to creating Your own user name and password for a new Account, You will also be required to create a separate user name and password that will enable the Child to use the Services made available through Your Account. You are required to maintain the confidentiality of the Child’s password and understand that You may not share the password with any person other than the Child's parent or legal guardian. You agree that You will not allow any person other than You, the Child, or the Child’s parent or legal guardian to access Your account or use the Services made available to the Child on The Enrollment Management Association Website. You may also disable Your Child’s login credentials in your Account settings.
- You also have the ability to invite additional parents or guardians of the Child to receive access to the Account. If you invite an additional parent or guardian to receive access to the Account, you are representing to EMA that the additional parent or guardian is in fact a parent or legal guardian of the Child identified in the Account and you are agreeing that the second parent or guardian shall have access to all of the information contained in the Account about the Child, including Personal Data, and that EMA is authorized to share information about the Child, including Personal Data, with the second parent or guardian identified in the Account. The second parent or guardian will receive an email notifying them of the invitation to receive access to the Account and will be required to review and accept the WEBSITE ACCOUNT AGREEMENT AND PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT. Any parent or legal guardian with access to the Account for the Child has the authority to designate which schools will receive information about the Child from EMA and to make any changes to the Account, including Account access.
- You understand and acknowledge that, even if You have not invited a second parent or legal guardian to receive access to the Account, EMA will provide access to the Child’s information in the Account, including Personal Data, to any parent or legal guardian of the Child with legal authority to receive such access to the Child’s education information. If a Child’s parent or legal guardian does not have access to the Child’s Account but requests that EMA provide them with information contained in the Child’s Account, EMA will follow authentication procedures to validate the identity and relationship of the Child’s parent or legal guardian and will require the parent or legal guardian to provide EMA with authentic documentation (for example, a court order signed by a judge that establishes that the person has at least joint legal custody of the Child) to demonstrate that the Child’s parent or legal guardian has a legal right to the Child’s education information contained in the Account, prior to EMA sharing information about the Child with the parent or legal guardian.
- If You have reason to believe that Your account is no longer secure (for example, in the event of a loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure of Your Account ID or password), You must immediately notify The Enrollment Management Association at email@example.com. You may be liable for the losses incurred by The Enrollment Management Association or others due to any unauthorized use of Your account.
- You acknowledge that you are permitted to create and use only one account on ssat.org and that the creation or use of a second account on ssat.org for a Child for whom you have already created an account could be grounds for termination of your access to ssat.org and online account services.
- You will supervise and monitor the access of the Child to The Enrollment Management Association Website and You are responsible for the Child’s activities and conduct on The Enrollment Management Association Website and in connection with the Child’s use of the Services.
- You and the Child will provide truthful, complete, up-to-date and accurate information to The Enrollment Management Association within the Account and in relation to the Services.
- You have the ability within your Account to opt-in to share certain categories of information about You and/or the Child with schools and other third parties and You acknowledge and agree that You are exclusively responsible for ensuring that the settings within Your Account reflect your decisions about how to share information related to each of the opt-in categories.
- If You designate schools and/or other third parties to receive personal identifying and other private and public information about You and the Child, including but not limited to SSAT scores, SSAT practice test results and progress, student profile information, recommendation information, and Snapshot results, You and the Child consent and agree to the disclosure of such information by The Enrollment Management Association to the schools and third parties designated by You.
- You agree to the applicable online payment requirements for each of the Services that you use, including but not limited to the SSAT, the Snapshot and the SAO, and You authorize The Enrollment Management Association to charge Your credit card or payment card account in the amount applicable for each required payment for the Services.
- You agree that the use of Your personal credit or payment card for the online payment of the registration, application and assessment fees shall constitute additional verification of Your agreement and consent to the foregoing.
- By creating an account and providing Your email address and mobile phone number to The Enrollment Management Association, You are consenting to receive emails, telephone calls and text messages from The Enrollment Management Association about Your account, any product or service that You have requested that we provide to You and opportunities to participate in surveys and research related to products or services that You have used or purchased. You further agree that You are solely responsible for any and all fees charged by your mobile phone service provider in order to receive or access emails, text messages and phone calls from The Enrollment Management Association.