The Snapshot enriches a school’s understanding of your child by highlighting their skills across seven essential character traits, providing insight into how they will succeed in the school’s programs.
The Snapshot is much more than an admission assessment tool. Teachers and advisors use it to understand students better to best support them on their academic journey.
As a parent, the Snapshot provides a one-of-a-kind view into your child's preferred character skills, so you can offer support and encouragement where it's needed most.
• Intellectual Engagement: Willingness and enjoyment of pursuing learning opportunities.
• Open-mindedness: Willingness to try new things.
• Initiative: Prefers to start tasks in a timely manner.
• Resilience: Rebounds from unexpected situations and changing circumstances.
• Self-control: Monitors and controls their thoughts, actions, and what they say to others.
• Social Awareness: Responds to everyday situations appropriately.
• Teamwork: Engages in supportive behaviors and emphasizes empathy that enables productive collaboration.
The Snapshot is $30 when purchased at the same time as an SSAT test, or $60 when purchased separately.
Fee waivers for the Character Skills Snapshot are available from participating schools for eligible families. Please inquire with a school that accepts the Snapshot to see if your family meets the eligibility requirements.
Before students can unveil their character skills, parents must create parent and student accounts within our portal and give consent for students to take the Snapshot. Students can then take the Snapshot within their student accounts, and parents control which schools receive the results.
To learn if a school requires the Snapshot, please contact their admissions office directly. For other questions regarding registration, scoring, and the availability of results, visit our Help Center. If you hit a snag while registering, don’t hesitate to contact our friendly Support team.